As a nonprofit school, KMS depends on parent involvement and leadership in its work. Below are some of the many ways parents can be involved.
KMS offers parents a variety of opportunities to learn about their children’s work and the Montessori approach to education. These include:
- Parent Orientation
- “Montessori for Parents” Program
- Classroom observations and lunch visits (starting in late October)
- Your child’s “Walk around the Sun” birthday celebration
- Fall and Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Annual Student Open House
- Field Trips
- End of School Program
KMS offers parents a variety of ways to support the school by helping with special events and activities. These include:
- Caring for our gardens.
- Helping spruce up the playground and gardens on Volunteer Family Workdays.
- Helping with Greek Fest Parking.
- For Elementary Parents – serve as drivers and/or chaperones for class field trips.
Board of Trustees
KMS is governed by a Board of Trustees composed of parents, community representatives, and members of our staff. For more information, visit our Board of Trustees page.
Parents are invited to join one of our school committees that work to improve facilities, organize events, discover ways to get the word out about KMS, and help identify large donors. These committee’s include:
- Building & Grounds
- Fundraising & Events
- Major Donor
If you would like to be an active participant in supporting your child’s education, we invite you to join us!